Becoming a resident
There are different ways to obtain Mexican Citizenship and gain it´s benefits. Each case is unique, and subject to a review of documentation.
You may be eligible to become a citizen under some of the following criteria:
- Being married to a Mexican Citizen
- Residing in the country for over 5 years
- Having children being born in México
- Being a direct descendant of a Mexican Citizen
- Being from the Iberian Peninsula or a Latin-American country
The top reasons to gain citizenship are the ability for direct ownership of property, working and investment purposes.